Drilling to Success
Whether you run an open cut site, or an underground operation; planned or operating - Blackrock is there for you. Our multidisciplinary team can assist you in a full range of surface drilling program assistance, and management.
From full drilling program management, site supervision, to site rehabilitation. Our Geologists are fully qualified and trained in Australian CoalLog logging standards. So, you can rely on us for all your geological logging of chip and core and your broader geotechnical core logging needs.
Exploration Program Management
We proudly provide high quality and reliable services to the Australian coalfields; our expert exploration project managers work alongside you to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Provide cost management and reporting
- Earthworks coordination
- Drill scheduling and provision of planned versus actual reporting and planning in-line with mining sequence and schedules
- A complete borehole management program from ground proofing, staking, land clearance, drilling and drill pad rehabilitation
- Assisting and/or running drilling related risk assessments and WRACs.
Exploration Geology & Rig Supervision
Our exploration geologists all hold full tertiary bachelor qualifications in the Geological Sciences and are always fully up to date in the necessary training to successfully work on a coal mining site. With years of hard-won industry experience, they are knowledgeable in industry recognised logging standards and can benefit any site they work on. Our Geologists are certified and experienced in a wide range of skills, and can provide your operation with valuable services.
- Standard 11 Surface Training
- Supervisor S123 and G2 Training
- Coal board medicals
- 4WD defensive driving
- First aid and CPR
- CoalLog Australian logging standards
- GeoGAS measurements in the field (Q1 desorption standard)
- Geotechnical logging and sampling
- Point load testing
Data Validation & Data Quality
With extensive experience in data quality and logging standards, our geologists can help you gather, validate, and review field data.
- Geophysical borehole corrections for database and model accuracy
- Review and update legacy datasets
- Stratigraphic correlations